Re: [Amps] switchable zener cathode bias

To: "'Steve Flood'" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <amps@contesting.com>, <rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] switchable zener cathode bias
From: "alexeban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:08:43 +0200
...put the 2 in series!
Choose the smaller one for whatever voltage you need and the second equal to
the difference of the smaller voltage and the higher one. Then you can short
out the second one with whatever means look good to you: you won't be able
to create a transient greater than the Zener voltage of the second Zener
diode. If you put an electrolytic cap of a few uF across the diodes
combination, you will also keep any possible spikes under control.

Alex 4Z5KS
"Jesus, come get your kids, they're tearing up my Mother's backyard!"