Re: [Amps] Glitch Resistor

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>, Bob Maser <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glitch Resistor
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 08:18:31 -0800 (PST)
In most editions of the ARRL Amateur Radio Operator's Handbook there is a chart
that lists the resistance (usually per 1000 feet) of copper wire.  To create a
resistor you just use this information to determine the length of wire needed.

Dividing 105.2 by 1000 gives a resistance of .1052 ohms per foot.  You then
multiply this by 50 which gives a total length of 5.26 feet to achieve 50 ohms.

I would use a larger diameter wire (smaller gauge) which would result in more
wire being needed.  However, the current handling capability would be increased.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com