Re: [Amps] High SWR

To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High SWR
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:10:39 -0500
FWIW
I recently bought (on ebay) a large spool (250 ft) of the RG8 being put up
for Tandy (RS)
These were some odd lot roll ends being sold buy it now at ridiculous low
prices. The shipping was probably more than the coax
I am very impressed with what I received and consider it as good as any name
brand equivalent. The copper is clean and bright and the shield coverage is
generous as any of the 90pct variety. Heavy gauge center conductor too.
Would I put it up on a tall vhf antenna? Probably not without further
evaluation
Since most of my interest is in the "dc" bands it seems a great value.
Paul K0UYA