Re: [Amps] Centurion (Rob Atkinson)

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion (Rob Atkinson)
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:35:50 -0700
Some time ago I researched the stock Centurion fan and a possible
replacement.

The stock is a Bisonic 4E-115B-25 115vac 21 watt. An exact physical
replacement is Bisonic 4E-115B 115 vac 22 watt. I got both from Mouser -
last time I looked they had some still in stock. Both were under $20 each a
year ago or so.

They are both ball bearing - the 115 B drops to 0 airflow at 0.27 inch of
water back pressure and the stock one drops to 0 airflow at 0.11 inches of
water static pressure.

The web site that shows the air delivery versus back pressure is
www.bisonic.com.tw/04ac4e.html  and then click on "larger picture" to be
able to read the data sheet . For some reason Mouser adds an L after the
115B for the 22 watt fan but the fan in the box only says 115B as the
Bi-sonic data sheet shows.

Its not night and day different but would be some help - Next time the stock
fan starts bearing squeal I will replace it with the 115B. As Rob says its
somewhat of a PITA to get to - the long allen wrench is an absolute
necessity . I had to tighten the screws under the label on my original
blower to stop a bearing squeal - but did not replace it at the time. That
was a glorious PITA - had to remove the plate choke to get to screws under
the label.

(TT gave me the hint that the squeal could be from those screws not being
tight and they were right)

73 de hank K7HP