Re: [Amps] grounding grids

To: <lists@subich.com>, "'Jack Shirley'" <jcshirle@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grounding grids
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:38:05 -0400
Not necessarily. Altho the average rice box has far worse IMD than say a
SB-220 it is far less tolerant of reflections from the amp which further
aggravate the IMD.

A pair of 3-500Z's can easily handle 150W of drive but in a SB-220 that
would result in severe PS regulation problems. Even at 100W drive and a full
on compressor the PS is up against the wall and even a slight gain reduction
is a benefit.

Carl
KM1H