Re: [Amps] Asynchronous coax matching transformer

To: "Larry Benko" <xxw0qe@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Asynchronous coax matching transformer
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 22:04:03 -0400
Arent network analyzers wonderful tools Larry?

I too was confused by the competing arguments long before the Internet got
up to speed and let a VNA talk to me.

My "varying effects" comment was due to the same results that you noted but
for ham use it wasnt enough for me to worry about. Its similar to checking a
bunch of relays for isolation and not bothering to worry about a dB or 2
difference down in the -70 -80 dB region.

Carl
KM1H