Re: [Amps] Suggestion.....

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Suggestion.....
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 19:21:45 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:40:50 -0700, George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net> wrote:

>Since I am the "list owner" (which does not mean much really) I will
>weigh in here and say that I do not feel that would be a good change
>and I would not make that change without almost everyone on the list
>agreeing to such a change.

REPLY:

I am also the "list owner" of another contesting.com list - RTTY - and I have to
politely disagree with George on this.

I find it quite annoying to have to edit the "to" field every time I hit the
"reply" button. I much prefer the way Yahoo groups does it. With Yahoo groups,
the default is reply to the group, not the individual sender. I subscribe to
three Yahoo groups and it does not seem to cause any problems with mail
accidentally sent to all instead of individuals. Users quickly learn how to do
it right.

73, Bill W6WRT
RTTY List Administrator at contesting.com