Re: [Amps] AL 1500 P.O. Meter Function

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL 1500 P.O. Meter Function
From: "Fern" <crc@cyberlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:42:05 -0600
       I would suggest that it would be better to check the accuracy of the
wattmeter if the amp was fed directly into a dummy load. The Hy-Gain 18HT
Hy-Tower vertical is not necessarily a good 50 ohm feed (even though the swr
indicates that it's in the ball park) and by adding some coax into the feed
line, your amplifier was seeing a better load.It's quite likely that putting an
antenna tuner in line that you will likely get more accurate readings.
       Fern