Re: [Amps] B- questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] B- questions
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:40:23 -0600
I thank everyone for the posts on B- ... I am slowly starting to get
some of this -- I too prefer "reverse parallel" because it seems to
make more sense to me -- I apologize for my question on the B- through
the meter to "ground"; I've since had that explained to me that ground
is floating.

Not too long ago I read or heard somehow that the Heathkit Chippewa
amp put B+ on the front panel plate meter so with that amp you had a
little plastic meter cover between you and B+.

I am interested in this because I am slowly learning and relearning
electronics to eventually build a plate supply.  Every time I think I
have it figured out I find out something new so I am taking my time so
I don't build a p.s. that has to be drastically redone.

73

Rob
K5UJ