[Amps] POTENTIAL BUILDERS

Subject: [Amps] POTENTIAL BUILDERS
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:00:20 +0000
I, too, have walked longingly past great tables of parts.  I did not buy
because of lack of some motivation.

I walked on because, FOR A GUY LIKE ME, I would need a KIT that includes the
bent metal parts, and punched....  all, I say ALL, the parts in one place, and
full English instructions.

That is a fact of my ham life.  I would love to build something big, but I have
no test equipment, no metal working shop, and no knowledge to start from
scratch.  All the guys NOT like me have likely already had their fill of
building from scratch.

I enjoyed the ten plus years of collecting parts to make a HyGain Xmas tree.  I
am now enjoying the parts put together.  But antennas are very easy compared to
electronics.

The will is there but some spoon feeding is needed.  73,

Charles Harpole k4vud@hotmail.com