Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets

To: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:40:10 -0500
Unfortunately due to the loss of electronic manufacturing in the US,
The majority of the technical population in the US has NEVER constructed
an electronic device and parts sources are few and far between,  I'm in
my early forties and I can remember  Radio Shack, Lafayette Radio and my
town had Evans Radio and Stark Brothers electronics so you had parts and
books by people like Forest Mims on building electronic gadgets.

Popular Electroncs had articles on building a "TV Typewriter" now we
have "How to hook up your Home Theater".   Ah just another step towards
a third world economy i.e. Import manufactured goods and Export raw
materials and agricultural products.