Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 11:44:58 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:18:17 +0200, "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The tendency to pay someone else to do the job robs a lot of people of the
>thrills of creating something new with their own hands.

REPLY:

If a person really does get a thrill out of it, fine, but that runs
contrary to history. I hate to sound preachy, but the Industrial
Revolution is the history of people specializing in various fields. We
are most effective when we do what we do best, earn money for it, and
pay someone else to do what they do best. We can't all be the best at
everything.

Having said that however, I don't want to take away from the
satisfaction of homebrewing. I do it and I encourage others to do it,
but at the same time I understand those who do not want to.

My two cents.

73, Bill W6WRT