Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:08:23 -0500

Carl wrote:
> I wish we had those fleamarkets in this area Jim.
>
> There may be a few but the time and aggravation to get there and find pure
> garbage isnt worth getting up at 4AM.
>
> The BIG one in New England is the spring and fall Nearfest which draws parts
> scroungers from all over the Northeast down to the DC area and nearby
> Canada. Its 2 full days, sleep on site if you want as its held in a huge
> state fairgrounds.

When the company I worked for had me out to Philadelphia for some
computer control school, I discovered a two day swap that took up two
complete, side by side,  drive in theaters. I remember it was near
Willow Grove.  I saw many things that I would have purchased and brought
home except not much of it would have fit under my seat.

As it was, the 5/8 mag mount wound up in my suitcase along with the
transceiver and cables, caused some raised eyebrows. Fortunately they
accepted my explanation and didn't dismantle, soak in water, or blow up
my luggage.
> Bring your booze and party all night to one of the ham musicians if so
> inclined. Im well past that stage and since Im only a 45 minute drive away I
> get my beauty rest....and a chance to unload the days pickins'.
>
> I'll usually spend $1000-1500 and recoup that in 2 weeks on fleabay and wind
> up with what I wanted for free.

There just ain't no justice.<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)