Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets and more

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fleamarkets and more
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 06:59:39 -0800
We operated a Hallicraftters BC-669 at our high school station.  We also had
a group of ARC-5s, including one that would operate down on the broadcast
band.  One day, we decided to create our own rocket launch and one of the
hams took a transistor radio down into study hall where they listened to a
rocket launching a human into orbit.  I got to play Walter Cronkite and
created the event.  Everyone in the library, including the study hall
teacher, put everything down to listen to the successful launching.

I was told the entire study hall cheered when the launch was successful.  I
could only imagine what would happen when everyone went home and told their
family, then watched television that night - only to hear nothing.

No one figured out how it happened or who did it.  The fact that the high
school radio station was on the roof, right above study hall never occurred
to anyone.  I was slightly offended that I was not suspected.

Thank goodness for statutes of limitation.

73,  Colin  K7FM