Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap. (Results of experiment)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap. (Results of experiment)
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:40:04 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:15:41 +0100, "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>Reason for asking is that (maybe you have seen my post) I did basically the
>same experiment. However, with opposite result!
>Only difference I can see is that I didn't had a through hole....

REPLY:

No, there is a major difference. Look carefully at Larry's #3 and #4.
There he allows for the added capacitance from the disks. Your
experiment did not. With your disk so close to the ground plane, I'm
not sure you could reposition the disk somehow and have the same
capacitance accurately. Larry's experiment with the antenna suspended
in midair is more accurate in that respect, IMO.

73, Bill W6WRT