Re: [Amps] Plate chokes (was: Re: placement of RF choke bypass cap.)

To: "'Vic K2VCO'" <vic@rakefet.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate chokes (was: Re: placement of RF choke bypass cap.)
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:14:25 -0400
Vic,

Don't put a shorted strap around the choke. It will look like a shorted turn
and cause excessive current in the choke which may burn a section of the
choke out.

Somewhere I read that you should not use a continuous band around either end
to terminate the ends of the choke winding. Same thing happens.

73
Gary  K4FMX