Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:46:28 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:09:52 -0400, "Gary Schafer"
<garyschafer@comcast.net> wrote:

>Perhaps you could explain to us why coax cable does not allow RF energy to
>move from the inside surface of the shield to the outside surface if not for
>skin effect?
>You would agree that the inside surface of a coax cable carries RF current
>would you not?

REPLY:

Second question first: Yes, I agree. Common knowledge.

First question: Because the electrons on the inside of the shield are
attracted toward the center conductor, which is of the opposite
polarity. You have both skin effect and electric field attraction
going on at the same time.

73, Bill W6WRT