Re: [Amps] B&W PT-2500A HF Amplifier

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] B&W PT-2500A HF Amplifier
From: "Fern" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:33:59 -0600
Carl:
      Viewstar was not Hammond but rather was owned by Paul Hivrniak (most
likely mispelled his name here but he owns Palstar now) who had used some of
the dyes from Fred Hammond to make the tuning and loading capacitors and the
transformers were made by Hammond. I have an offshoot of that particular
amplifier called the Viewstar PT-3000A(same cabinet as the more common
PT-2500A)  which was 1 of 5 built using the 8877 tubes. I've had no issues
with the pi-L network except for a padder ceramic cap using in the plate
tuning which affects both 75 and 160 meters and the ceramic padding cap used
in the loading circuit on 160 meters.
    73 from Fern  VE7GZ