Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:22:56 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:45:02 -0400, "Gary Schafer"
<garyschafer@comcast.net> wrote:

>Bill,
>How many times do you want me to quote you saying that "skin effect does not
>keep RF from flowing thru a plate"? it has been in almost every one of your
>posts. That is what started this whole thread and continues it.

REPLY:

At this point I'm not sure what you are arguing about, Gary. I said
that skin effect certainly exists but it does not prevent the
simultaneous flow of electrons through a plate at 90 degrees to the
skin current. Both events can happen at the same time, as was proven
by the two gentlemen with the disk experiment. Skin effect current was
flowing over the surface of the disk as a result of the disk's
capacitance, and at the same time antenna current was flowing straight
through the disk to reach the far end of the antenna or loop, WITHOUT
having to flow around the radius of the disk in the form of skin
current.

This is analogous to the chassis in the original discussion that was
carrying skin current but was also passing RF through the thickness of
the sheet metal. Both events are happening at the same time.

It's perfectly clear to me. Where are we mis-communicating?

73, Bill W6WRT