Re: [Amps] ripple in B+ supply.

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ripple in B+ supply.
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:49:52 +0300
Since you cope with DC voltages, it makes sense to employ something close
for the ripple and that average voltage. Fortunately, for the triangular
wave form, the average is 1-3 of the peak to peak and it usually expressed
as a percentage of the DC output value. RMS has nothing whatsoever to do
with it. It was the method used by power supply designer for years.
Alex            4Z5KS