Re: [Amps] 'good engineering'

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 'good engineering'
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:47:59 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:31:45 -0400, "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
wrote:

>Nice looking amp.  Are those Simpson panel meters on the RF unit?   Also, I
>see a pair of yellow "tip" test jacks on the front panel.  Are those used
>for filament V monitoring?
>
>Paul, W9AC

REPLY:

Thanks for the nice words, Paul. Yes all three meters are Simpsons,
the one on the power supply is a different model, one I had for years.
The two on the amp were purchased just for it.

And yes, the test jacks are for monitoring filament voltage. There is
a small variac on the120 V AC line input.

The three lamps are, right to left: 1. Warmup completed, 2. Standby
(keying circuit enabled) and 3. Transmit.

73, Bill W6WRT