Re: [Amps] me not an idiot

To: Alex Eban <alexeban@gmail.com>, 'Herzog' <herzog@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] me not an idiot
From: Dave White <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:09:37 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
To: "'Dave White'" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>; "'Herzog'"
<herzog@frontiernet.net>
Cc: amps@contesting.com
Sent: 29/03/2010 09:52

In a car, and any mechanical construction it's a must. You need that extra
power to make you escape in an emergency. Just like "war power setting" in a
war plane.
But please explain tome what do you need it for in a desktop amplifier? Who
are you running from/ on whose head is it going to fall?
Extrapolations from field to field aren't always translating one to one!
If you keep this way, you may finish with a Thales 500kW tube at 35kV to run
a one kilowatt , with no intermods products. At 150kiobucks just for the
tube, does that sound as a good proposition?
Design a reasonable amplifier at let's say 2kW input and concentrate on
circuit refinements instead.
This is what I call good engineering in hobby type circuits!
Alex            4Z5KS

[truncated by sender]