Re: [Amps] me not an idiot

To: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>, "'Dave White'" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>, "'Herzog'" <herzog@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] me not an idiot
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:46:36 -0400
A YC-156 makes for the ultimate amp.

You buy one that has 90-100% output and run it at 1500W and then give it to
the grandkids.With a filament that is only 25W more than a pair of 3-500's
its not going to send you to the poor farm either.

With ever escalating tube prices it is a good investment for $300 or so.
What happens when the Chinese decide to quit making old tech tubes as the
market demand slows? And the medical industry stops using the 800 and 1500
CPX tubes and that source dries up?

Right now the only "idiots" (Id rather call them uninformed) are those who
pluck down many kilobucks for a GU-74B amp using the phony 4CX800A
rebranding.

Carl
KM1H