Re: [Amps] YC156 operating parms for US amp build?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] YC156 operating parms for US amp build?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:28:30 +0100
Larry wrote:
>My YC-156 runs just fine with 3300 volts on the anode under load.
[...]
>The only real complaint I have is the 6+ minute  heater warm-up time.

I know a guy who had the answer... or at least, an answer that worked
for him.

He watched the DXcluster from work, so he could time his lunch break to
catch the mid-day openings on 6m. If he saw something, he could phone
home to switch on the heater transformer, then jump in the car.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek