Re: [Amps] Now this here is a real ham's amp!

To: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Now this here is a real ham's amp!
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:34:19 -0400
On the other hand, with all those cavils and hedges in the E-bay
writeup, I can't imagine buying it - if either the power transformer or
the tubes are bad, you're pretty much sunk.

My SB-220 is at least as old, and the electrolytics, etc. are original.
I'm not sure that the analogy with old receivers and transmitters holds up.

Not knowing any better, a few years ago I fired up an SX-28 that a local
non-ham asked me to sell for him.  Relatively little drama, but clearly
I was lucky.  I wonder where my RME-4350A is today....

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com