Re: [Amps] liquid cooling

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] liquid cooling
From: mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:07:20 -0500
On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 10:48:47AM -0700, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]

I see that QTD is unassigned. I propose

QTD  Will you activate fire-suppression systems on your equipment
                 (specify equipment if required)?
     I have activated fire-suppression systems on my equipment (specify
                 (specify equipment if required).

which reduces the previous transmission to

"SRI, OM. QTD linear. Now running barefoot."

Codes make so many things so much simpler. H.O. 88, Volume II (Radio)
has a lot of codegroups in it for disasters down through mere
unpleasantness, but some of the codegroups are just fascinating in a
"multum in parvo" sense.

As a modest example, the following four group message

KILGU KILIN UDGEM IJHOR

expands as

I HAVE NO WOMEN ON BOARD. HAVE YOU ANY WOMEN ON BOARD? ARE YOU WILLING
TO SHARE?

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx