Re: [Amps] Centurion plate current issue

To: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion plate current issue
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:47:43 +0800
Hi Gary.

Sorry about my earlier post. I am unfamiliar with that amp and I
presumed it was running tetrode/s. By your follow up, it is apparent
that we are talking 3-500Z. Therefore my comments were probably not applicable.

Like you say, both tubes letting go, in the same way, at the same
time, could be considered unusual.

I believe all current production 3-500Z tubes, apart from Amperex,
are made in China so it won't matter much which sort you buy. Like so
many other things, its just badge engineering.

73, Alek
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap