Re: [Amps] Centurion plate current issue

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion plate current issue
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:07:50 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:47:43 +0800, Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>I believe all current production 3-500Z tubes, apart from Amperex,
>are made in China so it won't matter much which sort you buy.

REPLY:

I heard not long ago that one brand of 3-500Z has solid filament pins
as opposed to hollow pins that are soldered. If that is true, I would
recommend buying that brand if you can find it. Soldered pins are
notorious for un-soldering themselves over a period of time.

If anyone has the facts on this, please post.

73, Bill W6WRT