Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: w7ry@inbox.com, n4zr@contesting.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: SECOPSYS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 20:44:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/2010 7:13:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w7ry@inbox.com writes:

It was most likely a TH-6 or TH-7. Or a 2 element Cushcaft 40 meter beam
since they are the only antennas that I have used over the past 18 years.

73
Jim W7RY

If I had to guess my money would be on the Cushcraft 2 ele shorty forty.
They used rustable sheet metal screws under the shrink tubing on the loading
coils to connect the aluminum element to the loading coil wire.  It is
obvious where the screw is located by the slight bulge in the shrink tubing.
It
can be repaired without removing the shrink tubing by cutting a small circle
around the bad screw, replacing the sheet metal screw with stainless, then
sealing it up.

Richard