Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: n4zr@contesting.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: SECOPSYS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 07:47:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2010 6:12:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

Right now my Array Solutions Stackmatch has a bad relay (dirty?).
Symptom is occasional high SWR and a lack of received signal on the
lower antenna in my tribander stack.  If I send a little high power RF
through it things are then fine.

73, Pete N4ZR

I had same symptoms on two of the RCS4 relay boxes used here.  They are the
older vintage using open frame relays.  I took to heart a previous thread
about DEOXIT and bought a two spray bottle kit at Radio Shack for about $14.
Wow...it worked like magic with no burnishing, no polishing.

Richard