Re: [Amps] Fiament watts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fiament watts
From: "Han Higasa" <higasa@plum.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:26:16 +0900
Hi Gents,

Thanks for the list of various compelling
tubes. Its very nice to see the list for the next HPA
project.

Now, may I ask you one question?

Do you think direct heat tubes such as
those noted as "Instant on /w a soft start required"
will provide really the instant start capability?

As one of six-meter DXers I am also using
a direct heat tube in my HB HPA for a 'scramble
start' with 5 seconds of filament step-start.

But some authorities say one should wait until
the entire tube being warmed up to avoid a
mechanical stress caused by partial heat;
larger the tube, longer the warm-up time;

Actually I can not find the term 'warm up time'
on a spec sheet of these tubes - is it mean
no warm-up time required?

de Han JE1BMJ