Re: [Amps] vacuum variable caps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] vacuum variable caps
From: "Han Higasa" <higasa@plum.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:33:08 +0900
Hi Mike

Once I have experienced a small arc between
a shaft of a load VVC and its support hardware
in my 50MHz hb amp.

I have used a flange of its stator for a high-side
(signal side) and a bellows/shaft side for ground.

The flange near the shaft had been connected
to the nearest chassi by 2-inch wide copper band
but the arc have occurred around the shaft;
so I have added another grounding way; and
achieved no arc with 10% more output power.

I prefer the shaft side to connect the ground,
and a stator to high-side to avoid any trouble
such as stray caps, mechanical strength, arc etc.

de Han JE1BMJ