Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?

To: TexasRF@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:08:01 +0100
On 12 September 2010 02:03,  <TexasRF@aol.com> wrote:

> ##  I looked up SHV on  wikipedia... and it sez  a SHV is only good for
> 3500 v rms ... so add  41% = 5 kv dc.

This is the sort of thing I would not trust Wikipedia for! Sorry, but
I'd look at the manufacturers data.

Here is is is for Huber and Suhner - it is indeed 5 kV DC.

http://www.hubersuhner.com/mozilla/hs-p-rf-con-gr-series-shv

So in that case, I would look for another solution above 5 kV. I would
contact  Huber and Suhner  and ask them if they have anything capable
of taking whatever voltage you want, or if they know of anything that
will take it, even if they don't sell it, they will probably suggest
something.

BTW, notice the 5 kV is rated for both mated and unmated connectors -
what would be the rating for the unmated PL-259's some propose?

Dave