Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:54:59 +0100
I think another way of putting what Carl and Bill are saying is that home
brewers are allowed to take their own risks *that don't involve anyone
else,* whereas if you are building a rig for use by someone else, eg for
sale on the open market you must design and manufacture it in a way that
does not take those risks.

I've designed for UL, CSA and Eu authorities and it is sometimes hard and
expensive to comply.  Radio amateurs do not have the same constraints
building for themselves if no-one else has access to their gear.  Quite what
the situation would be if a visitor (even a highly intelligent visitor)
suffered injury is another question.

David
G3UNA