[Amps] Which LDG Autotuner for Amp Input?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Which LDG Autotuner for Amp Input?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 07:52:51 -0700
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 07:24:34 -0400
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>

Lee Buller wrote:
> But, I picked up the ARRL Handbook this morning on the way to the "reading
> room"
> and saw a project that used a commercial auto tuner to do the job of the
> input
> matching.  It is an LDG autotuner they sell without a box.

This isn't in any of the Handbooks I happen to own. I tried looking
on LDG's web site but found no autotuner without a box. Maybe it is
a special order item? Does anyone have more info on this?

## yes it was in  an arrl handbook of recent vintage.. I think the
2008 edition.  The amp project plus auto tuner is on the front cover of the
same arrl hand book.  It used the 'new' 3CX-1500D7...and the auto tuner
board from the LDG-100.   LDG  no longer offers just the board version,
but the completed unit with the box, etc.  You could probably buy the
LDG complete version, and remove the board from the box.

Jim   VE7RF

I am looking for some way to get better SWR on my homebrew amp
input, and make it more consistent across all bands. It is a
homebrew cathode driven 4CX1500B and I have no real idea what the
tube input impedance is. I opearate 99.9% CW so an autotuner might
be an attractive option *if* I can fit it in the box.

73,
Paul N1BUG