Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?

To: "audioguy@charter.net" <audioguy@charter.net>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:36:17 -0400
I did not get to the point.
The tube is directly coupled to the antenna circuit. If it is not biased off
you will get loads of shot noise thru the output coupling network.
The powersupply diodes may produce some noise, but can only do so if current is
flowing thru them. That noise is small compared to the shot noise produced by
the tube.
Also, there are numerous, or should be,  RF filters between the power supply
and the antenna or any other way RF can get out.
Make sure your power tube is biased off during transmissions.

73
Bill wa4lav