Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?

To: <audioguy@charter.net>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:50:37 -0400
White noise is real but in an amp with RX/TX relay isolation you wont hear
it and it may not occur with big diodes.

It is noticable with SS receiving and audio gear and a single .01 or so
bypass across each leg of the rectifier takes care of it.

I like to add a single .0047 across the full string in an amp and another at
the output to ground to keep any high intensity and transformer stretched
spikes from bothering the diodes or electrolytics. The one to ground also
catches any stray RF that the plate choke or its bypass missed.

Carl
KM1H