Re: [Amps] Building a Mock Up

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building a Mock Up
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:31:40 +0000

>> How many of you amp builders make a mock up of the chassis and layout in
>> "cardboard" before you start cutting, bending and drilling metal?
>>
>> Lee - K0WA

>We always do a cad drawing and or place the parts without fastening
>before
>starting any significant project
>Paul K0UYA

Another use for a cardboard box prototype is to check the air flow
through the blower and tube/socket. This can save a lot of grief later
on!

A simple method of measuring volume flow is to time how long it takes to
inflate a thin plastic garbage bag placed over the exhaust port. (For
details, search the archives of this group for "garbage bag".)

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek