Re: [Amps] Fuses

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fuses
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 20:50:55 -0600
It is a terminology thing as in magnetic / hydraulic trip
Also, we routinely use supplemental IEC protection devices that have an
adjustable thermal trip plus a near instantaneous overcurrent trip
Actual tests in our shop have demonstrated to us that they will in fact trip
faster than a fast semiconductor fuse will blow
That is why we frequently install them ahead of motor drives to protect the
expensive semiconductor protection fuses.
Paul K0UYA