Re: [Amps] What to buy?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What to buy?
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:30:10 -0800
To chime in on this one: I have rune a AL-82. 1500 Po is in my op is the best
bang for the buck UNLESS you can REALLY increase the db level.  Like a 8877
level of tube.  Also keep in mind the more Po the better coax and on and on.
And you will need to learn how to keep a much higher (emergency of course)
level of power under control.
Mo antenna's, taller towers, 4 phased verticals on 40 mtrs would be my cup of
tea if I had the real estate rather than just plain ol Po. A pair of Mosley
Cl-67's  (stacked)  would provide much more bark than you could imagine.  Not
to rag the subject, but think in db rather than watt.
Fer instance: talked to a guy on 10mtrs who had a curtain antenna. Was runnig
barefoot and had a huge signal.  Sent me his QSL card, the antenna was  pretty
sight.
73 and good luck on your choice,
Gary...wa6fgi