Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:47:47 -0500
Glad to hear it.  I had thought 5-125 was almost unobtanium; even
harder to find than 5-500s and 4-65As.

The only ham rig I have ever heard of, that used the 5-125 was the
Eldico TR-1TV which used one for the PA.  Few of them survive--as far
as I know there are four or five hams running that rig.

73

Rob
K5UJ

<<<I notice 4E27A's being ignored on Fleabay and at hamfests. My only
experience with them was a couple of 6M AM rigs I built to get some activity
on the band. They sure did glow nice.

The H&K 257B is a 4E27 clone.

If you dont want bands above 20M a couple of 803's can really make some
power and will take the same socket as the various Eimac 4- and 5- triodes
and tetrodes.

The 814/VT-154 is a scaled down 813 and generally ignored but 3-4 will be
heard.

Carl
KM1H