Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article
From: "John Finner" <finnerjf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:53:01 -0500
The 4E27A/5-125B has a 125 watt anode dissipation and max anode E of 4,000
volts.  The 4E27 only 75 watt anode dissipation.  I have not used them in GG.
At full input class C the anode glow is spectacular

John WA4EPI

Fuqua, Bill L wrote:

> I have thought of replacing the 813's with 4E27A's. Has anyone used 4E27A's
> in grounded grid.
> They are pentodes with 125 watts plate dissipation and wire the filaments in
> series since they are 5V.
> They should have a nice plate glow to them and go in the same socket.

    http://www.tubecollector.org/4e27.htm

says the 4E27 has a 75 Watts plate dissipation.
   ???  I believe the 4E27 is more rare than 813s.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Endless Loop: n.        see Loop, Endless.
                  Loop, Endless: n.       see Endless Loop.