Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 14:49:58 -0400
In the 60's I even tried the 715B/C. It was OK grid driven but very little
gain in GG. Of course IMD was just a bunch of letters back then when some
commercial sweep tube rigs/amps were around -18dB.

Other experiments were 100TH, 6C21, a quad of 35T's, VT-127A/100TS and
several industrial triodes. I had to find out the hard way why they often
made poor SSB tubes but it was a good education.

Carl
KM1H