Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?

To: "'Paul Christensen'" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:48:27 -0400
Yes that's right Paul. An isolation transformer is another whole ball game.
Just like a generator is.

Another place where you would bond neutral and ground is if the out building
is fed directly from the meter, which may be located at building number 1 or
elsewhere. If the outbuilding is fed directly from the meter BEFORE the main
breaker on building number one, then it is considered a separate system just
like being fed from the pole transformer. But if your outbuilding feed comes
off the bottom of the breaker in your main panel then you need the 4 wires
to the outbuilding.

73
Gary  K4FMX