Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?

To: "'Roger \(sub1\)'" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:57:03 -0400

Under today's NEC rules you always need a ground rod at the remote panel if
the remote panel is not in the same building as the main panel. And they
want a separate ground and separate neutral wire run from the main panel.
Ground and neutral remain separate in the remote panel.

The only time that you do not need a ground rod at a remote location in
another building is if you only have one circuit out there as a light and
one outlet.

73
Gary  K4FMX