Re: [Amps] Dummy load varying R

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy load varying R
From: "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 22:23:15 -0400
On 6/9/2011 8:12 PM, Carl wrote:
> That is making the assumption stretch that the measuring instrument is
> correct. As I said earlier the 259 has problems with the digital display
> readout section and we havent heard back yet what the analog VSWR meter on
> it reads.

Last I knew and it has been long time, accurate, calibrated instruments
were expensive.
Course it was cheaper to get them calibrated than to purchase the
equipment to do the calibration and then sent it in for calibration.

I do hear tell there are some pretty good ones becoming available at
reasonable prices, although they are a tad more than what MFJ sells.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73

Roger (K8RI)