Re: [Amps] Dummy load varying R

To: "Mike Tubby" <mike@tubby.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy load varying R
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:55:20 -0400
I have a rather oddball 2500W Bird built for RCA for the old 900MHz cell
band, return loss is still under 22 dB at 1296. The snout has a long taper
from an EIA flange to type N and the coupler is built into the snout with a
remote meter that is only scaled to 1500W. Its long and ungainly so I have
it stashed away under the basement stairs and use it just as a load with a
43 on the work bench.

I suspect that MFJ could benefit from a small low value variable cap to
cancel the XL, that was what I used ages ago to a Heath Cantenna to get it
to work on 2M.

Carl
KM1H