Re: [Amps] Supply question

To: "'Michael J Talkington'" <n8fwd@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Supply question
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:43:46 -0400
The no load voltage will be no greater than 1.414 X transformer voltage. In
your case 3959 volts.
I always use a ball park number of 1.25 X transformer voltage for full load
voltage. That would give you around 3500 volts depending on how good a
transformer you have. You won't be far off.

73
Gary  K4FMX