Re: [Amps] Supply question

To: "'Rob Atkinson'" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Supply question
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:41:51 -0400
When you run the 3-500 easy, you will have a greater chance of arcs than if
you run the cherry red or orange. The gettering material is on the anode and
it requires color, sometimes significant color, to eat up the full range of
gas. I would venture to say that you may have less chance of arcing in a
higher voltage amp that is used regularly.