Re: [Amps] "Best" limit indicators for multi-turn, shaft-driven gadgetry

To: Jeff Blaine <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "Best" limit indicators for multi-turn, shaft-driven gadgetry
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:50:46 -0700
Jeff,
Thanks for the reply.

True 'auto-tune' would require Ip, Ig, RF and other inputs back to the
controller(s), which may require more work than my lazy self is willing
to do at this point. I do, though, like the "preset" concept. As you
point out, that could be implemented fairly easily. Thanks for bringing
it up.

I'm also considering gearing down a shaft with a pointer attached that
would break an optical interrupter at both ends of travel. With those as
references, I wouldn't need the pots. Down side there is that those
might be tricky to align and good practice would require me to run each
cap and the inductor out to full range and back to zero stop each time
the controller(s) booted to verify operation and set the "soft" stop